Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Bonnie!


First off... Today is my Mother in law's birthday in Japan so happy birthday Bonnie!
She won't read this any time soon, but I want her to know I was thinking of her when she finally does :)
I refuse to give anyone my blog address until get this down. I'm HORRIBLE about blogging right now. So if I give out the address and never write in it, no one will follow it. So for now, I post and someday when I'm better at posting at least weekly, then I'll share it.
I have this rule about not posting pictures I haven't edited since every picture can always be better. I posted one last time I wrote, and wish I had fixed it first. So I have THOUSANDS of pictures I want to share but haven't because finding the time to edit them is pretty tough around here. It's a battle I'm loosing with myself.
Well enough complaining about the time I never have.
Today the boys had a half day at school and Tristan had a doctors appointment at 10:00. Rather than get up and take the boys to school only to pick them up 1 hour later, I let them stay home from school today. So they have been wrestling all afternoon... I keep telling myself only 1 1/2 hours until soccer practice so they can burn off some of that energy!
Tristan's appointment didn't go as well as I had hoped. This was a follow up appointment because they think he has asthma. I don't understand their way of doing things at the doctor but oh well. I thought they had ways of testing to diagnose asthma but it seems like it's a trial and error thing with Tristan. They first put him on claratin to see if that helped things hoping it was allergies causing his symptoms. I had to video tape his "attacks" when he starts coughing and breathing like he's just run a mile. The claratin didn't help. He's still having this problem but there is no wheezing sound when he has them. He just looks like he's having a REALLY hard time breathing and coughs every few seconds. So today the doctor put him on an albuterol inhaler every 6 hours around the clock for the next week to see if it helps. I was under the impression that it was bad to take albuterol regularly but I'm not the doctor. She said if it helps then we'll talk about what to do from there, but if not, she's going to try a nasal spray for allergies. She did say they have a machine to test his lungs but sometimes it's hard for younger kids to figure out how to use it. Now I'm no doctor, but I would think it would be better to give that a try rather then put him on a bunch of different medication and hope for the best. I guess I'm just frustrated here lately. I am grateful that we have free medical with the military! But with free medical, you get just that FREE MEDICAL. Which means alot of times we are guinea pigs and don't get the BEST medical care. And being here in Japan, I don't have the option to take him anywhere else. So the only option I have is to continue to give him medication I'm not sure he needs and wonder what is going on with him. My patience is starting to run out...with the medical, with their teachers, with the shopping/ lack of and with the lack of arby's.
But we'll save that for another day...
I went to the BX yesterday and almost bought the boys some pumpkin trick or treating buckets until I saw the price! These are the same orange plastic buckets you get at wal-mart. Only here they were over $12.00 each! Ugghhh! Anyhow now it's time to feed the boys before soccer practice...but I got a blog in first! woohoo! :) Maybe I'll complain a little less in the next one!

No comments: