Sunday, November 16, 2008

seriously?!

So today has been one of "those" days. It's Sunday here. I had my Sunday all planned out. I had planned on sleeping in this morning ,which in our house means we sleep until 7:30am when the boys wake up. Then they crawl in our bed with us and we talk and read and hang out with the kiddos, but don't get out of bed until at least 9:00 when Tristan decides he's starving and just can't wait another min. to eat.
I love those days! Between what ever sports games we have at the time and Chad's work schedule, we're lucky if we get one of those mornings a month. This morning I had planned on sleeping in,then going to brunch at the NCO club, hair cuts and then spending the rest of the Sunday at home catching up on house work and laundry that I haven't been able to get to all week. I have EDIS coming to the house tomorrow to work with AJ and I REALLY wanted to be able to clean everything before that. We have had Birthday parties and end of soccer season parties and school carnivals and everything else this week. It doesn't take long with the boys for the house to go from clean to messy to looking like a pig sty! Right now the house is somewhere between messy and pig sty only the dishes are done and the trash has been taken out.
Needless to say the afternoon was going to be full of dusting, vacuuming, moping and scrubbing toilets with a little laundry in there somewhere. But first... I was going to sleep in and then enjoy breakfast with my amazing husband and children.
I should have learned a long time ago to NEVER plan on sleeping in. I should just be thrilled when it happens, but never plan on it.
This morning at 5:00 AJ started crying... it was the "I'm still asleep but I want to wake you up" cry. We waited a few min. and sure enough, he went back to sleep. About 30 min. later, Tristan came and crawled in bed with us because he had a bad dream. So he crawled in bed with us, waited about 5 min., then had to get up and go potty. Then crawled BACK in bed with us. Which really means he climbed back and forth OVER us...you know, knee in the side, foot in the face, hand leaning on the hair...that kind of crawling in bed with us. We finally fell back asleep...until 7:00AM when the phone rang. Chad's first shirt called to let him know one of his guys had gotten a DUI last night and he needed to go over and check on the guy in a little while. That's okay...He said in a little while. Which meant if I hurried and got everyone showered and dressed, we could still run get brunch and hair cuts before Chad had to go over and deal with his troop right?! So we headed to brunch where we ran in to a few of the guys that were out with the DUI guy last night. And they all needed to tell Chad their side of the story. So my nice quiet breakfast turned in to me taking the 3 boys through the buffet line by myself and trying to get their plates ready and shuffled back to the table with out any body's plate falling on the floor or down the front of their shirts... It's not an easy task. Then I spent 1/2 of breakfast with Chad not even at the table with us. :(
We finished our breakfast and went to get the boys haircuts. This is NOT fun. AJ SCREAMS and fights the whole time. It takes at least 3 of us during AJ's hair cuts. Which is why he gets so shaggy before we cut his hair again. So AJ SCREAMED and fought the entire time they cut his hair. We get in the door of our house with ALL of us covered in hair. Chad's phone rings with the DUI guy wanting to know when he's coming over to talk, so Chad stepped outside to take the call since we had JUST walked in the door and AJ was still crying. All of a sudden AJ puked ALL over the floor. Guess he made himself sick crying. Poor baby :(
So now... AJ is finally out of the bath AGAIN and sound asleep. The puke has been cleaned up, Chad is over babysitting his troop, and I found Molly (our dog) chewing up ANOTHER pair of my undies! What is with that dog?!?! UGGH! So much for my relaxing Sunday morning! I guess I'm off to clean house! But I'll leave you with this cute picture of AJ so you don't have to think about the dog chewing up my undies! Keep in mind this picture is about 2 months old, but I LOVE it! :) Hope everybody else's Sunday is better than mine!!!

BTW I think if you double click on the picture it makes them bigger. :D

No comments: